A peacock wedding theme seems to be becoming more and more popular. It's a very appropriate choice, as the peacock was sacred to Juno, the goddess of marriage.
It's also a wonderfully colorful theme, giving you a preset color scheme for the wedding – the rich blues, greens and golds of the peacock's tail.
Here are a few ideas for your peacock themed wedding:
- You can use peacock feathers to decorate just about everything, from the flowers, to the centerpieces, to the cake, to slipping a small feather into each invitation. You can buy peacock feathers in bulk fairly affordably.
- The bride can still wear white if she chooses. A peacock feather decoration looks beautiful stitched in white, silver or sequins on a white gown.
- Blue and green bridesmaid dresses are nice with this theme, especially if they have a little train as a 'tail'.
- A peacock-shaped cake or ice sculpture makes a nice focus.
- And, of course, the ultimate feature at a peacock wedding is a realy peacock. Stately homes are a great choice of venue for this theme, as many of them have peacocks in their grounds.
Peacock wedding photos
Here are some images to inspire you.